Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jacob's Ladder(John)

I love this movie. If you go into this film with no knowledge of it whatsoever, it is an absolute trip. The movie makes you think one thing is happening while an entirely different thing is taking place.

Tim Robbins is a great actor. I've enjoyed pretty much every movie I've seen him in. He delivers on the scarred war veteran, working at a post office, who just wants to get away from having to think about things.

The real thing that made me love this movie though, were the creepy moments. Stuff would happen randomly that made my skin crawl. And it seemed like every one of these moments hit home in their creepiness.

There were some confusing moments, but after I watched the entire film, I was able to connect the dots. I was also taken out of the film a few times because I kept thinking of all of the other work the supporting cast had done: McAuley Culkin(Home Alone), Jason Alexander(Seinfeld) and Eric La Salle(E.R). Every time they showed up on screen, I was thinking: "There's George" or "There's Kevin McAllister".

With that said, I highly recommend this movie. I picked it up on a whim and loved it on first watch. It definitely made me think and it's a showcase for how good a "life during and after death" movie can be.

I give it a 9 out of 10.

- John Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment