Monday, August 10, 2009

Mad Max (Matt)

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

I LOVE that quote. It's spoken by the Nightrider as he evades the police force in post-apocalyptic Australia, and it's delivered perfectly. It's one of the first scenes in the film, and does it ever suck you in. The Nightrider rides in a psychotic joy that is mesmerizing. I was into this movie from that moment right until the end.

I think that the reason I liked this movie was the story. There wasn't anything about the acting, directing, or music that caught my eye. I'm not saying they were bad, and the fact that I did not notice them is a good indication that they were pretty good. After all isn't that the ultimate purpose of a movie, to tell you a story?

I was sucked into this world quite easily, and I could not help but be reminded of the video game Fallout. I'm sure Mad Max had a bit of influence on that.

Talking about influences actually, this movie had a similar feel to The Outlaw Josey Wales.

I don't have a lot to say really. I liked it a lot. I haven't seen the other movies in the trilogy(The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome), I think I'll go give them a watch.

8 fiery car deaths out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment